Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Ok. Well I’ve been a bit slow updating “le blog” but what can I say? School has gotten a bit busy, and a boy named Edward keeps on distracting me (you can call/email me if you want more details!).

The IEEE meeting this year was held in San Diego. For those of you who recall, in the previous years, this meeting has been held in Rome and Puerto Rico (which are both a tad more fancy than San Diego, but I’m not complaining).

I really enjoyed going to the meeting this year. It was really nice to see everyone. I even spent a fair amount of time with Chris (my former advisor) which made me very very happy. He is really a nice guy to talk to, and bright as well.

As always, the scientific content of the meeting was overwhelming. There were lots of good talks, some bad talks and some amazing talks. I also took Andrew’s advice, and tried to make new friends at this meeting too (even though I already knew a few people). I ended up spending a bit of time getting to know Chris’ new students, as well as 2 PhD students from the Netherlands, and a quebecois post-doc who is working at UCSF. As per usual, the night of the conference dinner was entertaining. After the dinner was over, all of the attendees were corralled over to watch a killer-whale show. In the process, the 2 boys from Delft managed to swipe a few bottles of wine. The night continued with time spent outside polishing off the wine. I decided to be “reasonable” and go to bed at 1 am (or so) but on my way back to my hotel room I ran into some people from Quebec and ended staying up with them for a few more hours.


1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Where's my video???

6:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home