Sunday, July 23, 2006

808 pages later...

In this week’s sara-Sunday-update, I hope that you won’t be too disappointed. In the last week, I’ve started in the lab, which means reading lots and lots and lots of papers, and occasionally running outside to avoid hyperthermia. While outside it is damn hot (forty degrees and up is my definition of damn hot), inside the lab it is bloody cold. (side note: I’m currently knitting some pretty rad red-and-black fingerless gloves that I can wear while at my computer to keep my fingers and wrists from a-freezing)

Since my social skills are so well tuned, I still have a grand total of zero friends in California, and hence I spent the weekend reading. Not reading just anything, though. In the past 3 days I have started and finished (devoured, perhaps) the last of the Robertson Davies trilogies that remained by me un-read, “The Salterton Trilogy”.

For those of you interested in my reading habits, you’ll recall that I’m probably the only person under 80 who has read “The Cornish Trilogy” and “The Deptford Trilogy”, and now “The Salterton Trilogy” too. Old Davies has such sharp wit and clever characters in all of his books, that he has almost garnered the title of “Sara’s favourite can-lit author”.

Well, I suppose I’ll go back to listening to a podcast of DNTO (yes… I already miss the CBC).

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok I don't care what you say about 45 degrees. It's 28 degrees here but with humidity we're over 40 and it's the most disgusting thing I've ever seen. It's like I'm swimming down the sidewalk. I have my shower in the morning and I don't dry off till October. Also I keep getting violently awakened by thunderstorms threatening to strike me through my window. In short, you should thank the good lord above that you're not in Montreal because you'd probably have drowned on your own breath by now. I know I have...

1:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home