Saturday, July 08, 2006

Day one on the road: From the Valley to the Soo




Alas, I wouldn’t want to bore you with details, so if you bore easily just look at the pictures. Today was the first day in my trip from Pakenham to Northern California. I’m driving there with my father and all of my worldly possessions (that fit into my car). We left Pakenham today, knowing that my cousin David was going to make us supper when we arrived in the Soo. Driving on the trans-canada was a lot nicer than I thought it would be. I had never been west of North Bay on the 17, and was pleasantly surprised to find out that it was much nicer looking than Kapuskasing (the swamp-content was way less). Also, I discovered that if you are an unemployed teenager in Sudbury then the cool thing to do is hang out by the hiway, pick blueberries in the ditch, and then stand on your parent’s van with a big sign that says “Blueberries” and wait for people to stop.

We arrived at Sault Ste. Marie in time for a lovely dinner with my cousin David, his wife Shannon, and their daughter Amelia. They live in a year round cottage- thingy, that was gorgeous. Amelia was kind enough to convince her father that I needed a boat ride, and then yelled FASTER!FASTER! for the whole time . Before leaving I was adorned with Canadian-Flag temporary tattoos (well, only one). It turns out that there is more to do in the Soo than I originally thought. Then end!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home