Friday, July 14, 2006

Davis: 3 days later.

In my first three full days in Davis (Wednesday, Thursday, Friday) I have definitely gotten on my way to being settled. This is mostly my father's doing, as he feels that not having a bed is a more serious problem than I do. In my last three days i have visited the SPCA thrift store twice, and found a kitchen table, shelves, and chairs. I've also found a desk and a futon on craigslist, and finally, i bought a bed from IKEA, because used beds are GROSSGROSSGROSS.

I've also visited customs (it turns out that i had to "Import" my car at the border, but neglected to. oops), as well as the DMV (4 times...) and many other scenic areas of Davis/West Sacramento.

Also, it turns out that California is much hotter than the Ottawa Valley. Yes, it is a "dry" heat, but when the thermostat reads thirty-eight it still feels bloody hot.

So.. to end todays ramblings before I go to bed: Come and visit me! if you're nice, i'll let you sleep in my bed, and i'll take the craigslist futon.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

So many commenters are anonymous ... I'd feel so gauche and completely un-mysterious if I didn't follow suit ... however, I will give you one hint that will help to reveal my identity in a very anonymous way: your dad's lawn is frickin' huge.

hee hee

On another note: wicked awesome trip, man. We'll come visit you! But you have to entice us with more pictures!

x

7:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home